In this season of quarantine and COVID-19, tensions are high and mental health is often ignored and forgotten. People are isolated, scared and lonely. Here are few tips to care for yourself and others in the midst of chaos.
- Simply being kind to others is significant in this day and age. You never know what someone else is going though.
- Recognize that life is stressful for everyone so in turn take care of yourself mentally as well as physically.
- As a human, simply take notice of things and people around you, and simply see people.
- When life gets overwhelming, simply take a deep breath and take life 5 minutes at a time.
- Therapy is a good-sometimes necessary-thing and shouldn’t be shameful. Therapy was the best thing that happened to me and I still go to therapy, from time to time, when life gets overwhelming.
- Sometimes even medications are necessary and shouldn’t be shameful. Do we look down upon people that take medication for diabetes or blood pressure? It’s the same thing for your brain.
Mental Health is Health and we should keep the conversation going.